This Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) team is looking for a colleague who can help build next generation software. As Senior Embedded Software Engineer you’re responsible for the further development and maintenance of the newest automated agricultural systems and advanced autonomous robots.
Where will you land?
In an international family business in the agricultural sector, where professionals are busy every day to make life easier for farmers with innovative solutions. Many innovations have been made with only one goal: to make life easier for farmers worldwide and to work together for a sustainable, profitable and pleasant future in the agricultural sector.
Work to be done
The navigation software of the AGVs is being optimized and switched to the Linux OS. It is important that the software is extensible, maintainable and robust. The set-up of the software is completely OO and unit tests are written where necessary. The development street consists of a Docker build server (nightly build), GitLab version control, with Target Process as an issue tracker and TestWell as a monitoring tool for code coverage and code complexity. Of course the team works Agile.
As part of the software development team you participate in all phases of the product development process to arrive at a production-worthy system.
Your most important tasks are:
- Translating requirements into a robust software design from a test driven approach;
- Designing, implementing and testing the C ++ (embedded) software;
- Optimizing the navigation algorithm;
- Maintenance of existing embedded software;
- Quality control, including design and code reviews, unit writing and integration tests;
- You contribute to the agile work process by clearly communicating about the planning, project progress and any problems or risks.
You have extensive experience in product development within robotics or embedded software systems. You also have the following qualities:
- Relevant technical education and at least 5 years work experience as an embedded software engineer;
- Knowledge of navigation algorithms;
- Experience with programming languages such as C and C ++;
- Experience with software development on operating systems such as Linux / Unix;
- Experience with OO software development and a test-driven (TDD) approach;
- Knowledge of networks and protocols, such as CAN or Ethernet;
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary Agile Scrum teams
- You have a positive critical attitude.
This unique international working environment with all professionals who are driven by innovation, allows you to see ‘your software’ come to life. A workplace where you get live feedback on the software written by you. You will work in a group of techies who are always in for a game or making some music. (Yes! There is a band.)
- An innovative international environment with a strong family culture;
- Excellent employment conditions, space and freedom to innovate, to introduce new ideas and to undertake them;
- Full support to enjoy a good work-life balance;
- Relocation support: Hospitality & Housing Services, Visa, financial & fiscal support;
- CONG Club Membership, being part of our global Tech, Digital, Data support network.
Hi, we are CONG! We aren't just about bringing modern organizations together with the best developers, creators, makers and builders – CONG is a lifestyle! We facilitate, inspire and transform, while at the same time putting great importance on (job) satisfaction. That’s because people are more creative, more innovative and stronger when they’re feeling happy. We bring out the best in people, projects and organizations because the best results then follow. That’s why we are here, for you. That’s what makes us feel good!